Holiday Fun Champion
Firstsite, Lewis Gardens, Colchester, Essex
£9.50 per hour, rising to £10.42 per hour from April 2023
PART TIME: Up to 10 hours per week, flexible
FIXED TERM: February to April 2023
Firstsite is looking for Champions to support the Holiday Fun Programme.
Firstsite has been running our Holiday Fun programme in the school holidays since Summer 2017, providing meals, creative and sports activities to families who need school holiday support.
This programme is now available on weekends February to April.
We want to work with people who have been coming to Holiday Fun, or wanting to come, as Holiday Fun Champions. We would like Champions to tell families about Holiday Fun.
We need people who know other families, groups and communities. Champions will work with us to encourage people to come to Holiday Fun – through their friends, other groups and places that they go to – in ways that they think would work.
Champions will work with the Holiday Fun team to help families feel welcome in the gallery. This will involve working at the gallery and out in the local area, on some weekdays and weekends.
What Champions will do:
- Encouraging families to attend by telling them about Holiday Fun weekends – in ways that you think will work
- Supporting other families to book and attend Holiday Fun weekends
- Giving families a friendly welcome
- Helping Firstsite to collect information at the weekends to understand how the programme is working and how it is helping to support families
- Talking to Firstsite’s Programme Manager each week about how it is working
What Champions will need:
- To have ideas about how to tell families who do not currently come to Holiday Fun
- To be able to chat (in person and/or online) with other families
- To be a friendly and approachable person
- To be available for a few hours each week between February – April, as well as coming to Holiday Fun weekends – the hours can be discussed with Firstsite
- Right to work in the UK
- Firstsite will do a DBS check for this role
How to apply for this role
We want to know why you are interested in becoming a Holiday Fun Champion. This can be done in different ways:
- Write to us and tell us– no more than 200 words
- Send us a two-minute voice recording
- Send us a two-minute film
Send this to [email protected] or call 07562 623988 (you can leave a message here)
We aim to invite all applicants in for an informal chat and will contact you to arrange a time that suits you.
Please apply as soon as possible, we are reviewing applicants on a rolling basis
Firstsite is an award-winning Gallery in Colchester, Essex.
We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results.
At Firstsite, we recognise that returning to work can be overwhelming. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the organisation to help you into the working environment.
Applying with a disability
Firstsite is proud to be an inclusive employer and we seek to work with the best people. We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.