Autism Friendly Screening | The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales
£5 all ticketsBook now
Length: 83 min
Director: Patrick Imbert, Benjamin Renner
Cast: Bill Bailey, Adrian Edmonson, Justin Edwards, Matthew Goode, Celia Imrie, Phill Jupitus, Giles New
Told through beautiful hand drawn animation, ‘The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales’ unfolds around lovable countryside creatures as they try (and fail), to fulfil their traditional roles in the farm and the forest.
A lazy stork leaves the delivery of a baby in the care of a rabbit, a pig and a duck. A big, bad fox tries to live up to his reputation whilst he unwittingly adopts three confused baby chicks and in the film’s final tale, the animals embark on a hair brained scheme to replace Father Christmas.
Listen out for these big named voices: Bill Bailey, Adrian Edmonson, Justin Edwards, Matthew Goode, Celia Imrie, Phill Jupitus and Giles New.
The following adjustments will be made, which aim to reduce over-stimulation and create a welcoming atmosphere:
A relaxed environment where people understand the needs of children and families with autism:
• Cinema lights kept at a low level.
• Sound played at a lower level.
• No trailers or additions are played before the film.
• Freedom to move around and sit where you like: you can choose where to sit when booking. The Firstsite cinema is large and we do not expect the screening to be full, so please feel free to move seats during the film.
• Availability of a chill out zone close to the cinema.
• Free entry for carers with valid CEA card.
As well as the above, the following optional additions are available:
• Ear defenders at Front Desk (subject to availability)
• You can download a social story for Big Bad Fox and Other Tales here.
Tickets for this screening can be booked at the top of this page, over the phone (01206 713 700) or in person by visiting Firstsite.