Text giving terms & conditions
Last updated 11.06.2020
Donating to Firstsite via text message is a quick and easy way to support us. All you have to do is text the relevant keyword to the 5 digit shortcode indicated below and your donation will be added to your phone bill or deducted from your pay as you go credit.
- Your donation, minus a 6% admin fee, goes to Firstsite Limited (registered in England and Wales (1031800)) For each text message sent, you will be charged the donation amount (£5) plus your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) via the reply confirmation text message; the charge will show on your bill and the sender will show as a five-digit number (the “billing short code”). How donation charges are shown on your bill is subject to your networks process.
- No VAT will be charged on your donation.
- You must be aged 16 or over to send a text donation.
- Please note that you can donate using this SMS service from a UK mobile only. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Islands, Isle of Man or another non-UK mobile.
- If you donate using this service from a UK mobile when you are outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges levied and retained by your network operator.
- You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message.
- If you enter the keyword incorrectly, your donation to Firstsite may not be successful. In these circumstances you will receive either: (a) an error message, in which case you will not make a donation, but you may still be charged your standard network message charge; or (b) a confirmation message that your donation has been successful, in which case you will be charged the relevant donation amount plus your standard network message charge as set out above.
- If you send your text message to an incorrect short code, or you otherwise fail to correctly follow the instructions in these Terms and Conditions, you will not donate to Firstsite, but you may still be charged your standard network message charge.
- If you are a UK taxpayer, your donation may be eligible for Gift Aid. This means we can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate.
- We may contact you by text on the mobile number you used to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation. If you are sent a link to a page where you can submit your details then, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider.
- Neither Firstsite or the text giving provider Donr cannot accepts any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
- This SMS service may not be supported by all Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO). If a specific MVNO does not support the service, then following an attempt to donate via text message, no donation will be made, nor error message received.
- This SMS service is being provided for Firstsite by Donr Ltd, a limited company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 10402410, whose registered address and main trading address is The Stables, Back St Georges Terrace, Newcastle, NE2 2SU.
- If you would like to discuss your mobile payment, including refunds, please contact us on 01206 713 700 (Monday to Friday from 9am – 4pm (call charges apply))
- All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and Firstsite’s privacy statement which can be found here
- The following Campaigns are live
To make a £5 donation, text:
Billing short code: 70085
If you text after the closing date or if the keyword or shortcode you text are incorrect or you do not correctly follow the instructions in these Terms and Conditions, you will not make a donation to Firstsite but you may still be charged a message at your standard network rate.