Autism Friendly Screenings
Firstsite is pleased to be screening family films in a sensory friendly and inclusive environment during school holidays. For each screening, adjustments are made which aim to reduce over-stimulation and create a welcoming atmosphere.
The following adjustments are made during the screenings to reduce over-stimulation and create a welcoming atmosphere:
- Cinema lights kept at a low level.
- Sound played at a lower level.
- No trailers or additions are played before the film.
- Freedom to move around and sit where you like: you can choose where to sit when booking. The Firstsite cinema is large and we do not expect the screening to be full, so please feel free to move seats during the film.
- Availability of a chill-out zone close to the cinema.
- Free entry for carers with valid CEA card.
- Ear defenders at the welcome desk (subject to availability)
Social stories are also available to download from the film listing pages.
Hard of Hearing Screenings
We show a variety of screenings in our cinema for the hard of hearing, where selected titles are shown with the addition of subtitles throughout the films. A hearing loop is also available.